Lehigh University Performing Arts Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate an outstanding talent in theatre.
A student who receives a Performing Arts Scholarship must maintain an active presence in the Department of Theatre and realize a 2.8 grade point average or better. The department will monitor the scholarship recipient’s theatre activities each year. Continued active engagement is expected.
HOW TO APPLY
Electronic submissions only. To be considered, please provide the following:
- Cover letter describing your interest in theatre and providing an objective narrative about your qualifications for the scholarship. This letter should include your complete name, address, phone number, email address, and birth date. The subject line should read: Performing Arts Scholarship Recommendation - (Your Name).
- Resume or list of your theatre experience.
- Letter or Recommendation one letter of recommendation is required from a theatre teacher or director. NOTE: please instruct your recommender to email his/her letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All required materials are listed under each category below.
GUIDELINES ACCORDING TO AREA OF INTEREST:
Submit the following material to help illustrate your acting ability:
- Video of two contrasting monologues, memorized, which total no more than four minutes in length. Material should be of good literary quality, suited to your age and experience and it should be more active than narrative. Provide a video link for these audition monologues. Acceptable formats include (but are not limited to) YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, and Google Drive. NOTE: Video links to outside performances are not necessary and will not replace the required two contrasting monologues for submission.
DESIGN OR TECHNICAL THEATRE:
Applicants may have experience in multiple design or technical areas. Please select your strongest area(s) for submission consideration, and provide the appropriate requested material for that discipline:
- DESIGN: Images of your design(s) and production photographs of any realized designs. Images of your design would include renderings, sketches, models, etc. of your scene, costume, lighting, sound, make-up, properties, or media designs. Technical documentation—such as light plots or sound plots—is also encouraged where relevant.
- TECHNICAL THEATRE: Documentation of your craft, and photographs of process and/or the final product. Documentation and photographs could include drafting, visual planning, images of built scenic units, painting techniques, draped/patterned garments, etc. for your craft in technical direction, scenic construction, costume construction, or production electrics/audio/video.
- STAGE MANAGEMENT: Prompt book(s) and any sample tracking documentation (blocking, props, scene change, etc.). For the prompt book, choose a 10 page representative selection of one production that highlights your work.
All image file types should be JPG/JPEG, PNG, or PDF. Compiling work into a single PDF ‘slideshow’ is preferred, but not required.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE is Thursday February 15, 2024
To be considered for any scholarship, you must first submit an official application to Lehigh University's Office of Admissions by January 1.
For more information, please visit www.lehigh.edu/apply.
SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS TO: email@example.com
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Admissions Office at 610-758-3100.